PRIMARY YEAR PROGRAM
Entering primary school is the first milestone in your child's education. The primary school years are an important phase, as they lay the foundation for the child's learning. During these formative years, DIS wants to build up confidence in every child and kindle in them a desire to learn. Expose them to the different aspects of learning in both academic and non-academic areas, so that your child will have a well-rounded primary education. We also want to give your child a broad exposure to a range of activities in order to discover his / her talents and interests.
By developing the 21st century competencies, each child is equipped with skills to navigate across the fast-changing world and grows up to become:
- A confident person who has a strong sense of right and wrong, is adaptable and resilient
- Discerning in judgment, thinks independently and critically, and communicates effectively
- A self-directed learner who questions, reflects, perseveres and takes responsibility for own learning
- CAn active contributor who is able to work effectively in teams, is innovative, exercises initiative
- Takes calculated risks and strives for excellence
- A concerned citizen who has a strong sense of civic responsibility
- Takes an active part in bettering the lives of others around him
- Compare quantities, solving problems related to quantities
At DIS, your children will be able to gain the knowledge, skills and values they need to thrive in the 21st century.